Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Completely random rant about totally unrelated things

I am slightly frustrated now. Not a lot, just slightly. First of all, because of the uncertainty of my university applications (sure I have been quite confident about my securing a spot in USM's English Language and Literature course, but now I am not so sure). I predict that the results will be out on the 16th of June (that is, next next Monday) and i really hope that the results will be in my favour.

The six-month long wait has finally taken its toll on my language skills. I forgot what a homophone was yesterday (its not a gay phone) and I had to search the dictionary for its meaning! So now I have to hone my brain to sharpness in preparation for Uni life. And talking about uni life, I am not really sure if I am ready or prepared for it. Granted, my motto is 'In Omnia Paratus' (Latin for Prepared for Anything), but I am not so sure now. What if I am not as excellent as I used to be? What if the course is too hard, too difficult, too challenging? What if I was never as excellent as everybody thought I was? Such self-doubt is encroaching and the procrastinator I am can't seem to be bothered to address these issues yet. Too busy playing hobowars and learning French.

Another aspect of preparing for uni is packing up. And cleaning up my room. Because if I do not clean up my room, I might find infestations of every kind the next time I return. Which might be six months from now. And those of you who really know me, and have traveled with me, you all know that I am an excessive packer. I pack to the max. I will bring a suitcase, a large backpack, and hand carry bag for a 4 day trip. Even for overnight stays I bring enough for three people. There is a reason for this excessive packing. First of all, I sweat a lot. And I hate being in sweaty clothes unless I am supposed to (like when playing ultimate Frisbee). So I change a lot. That needs clothes. Secondly, I wear large pieces of clothing. And these large pieces of clothing take up more space than the average person's clothes. My shoes are SIZE ELEVEN for crying out loud!!!
Thirdly, In Omnia Paratus. Means I have to have spares in case anything unexpected happens. Fourthly, carrying lots of heavy bags up and down is a good workout. So there you go, my reasons for overpacking. I have been steadily improving my packing to fewer and fewer stuff, so I hope I won't kill myself trying to bring my stuff to uni.

And about learning French. French is confusing, and there are too many words that have V. Like votre, vous, vos, voila, voici, sil vous plait, au revoir. Votre means your, vous is you, voila, there is, voici is here is etc etc. But if I can learn a smattering of French, it would help when I learn French in more detail in the future!! I will post my progress in learning French in here as I go along.

Thats all the randomness I can come up with for now, Part Two tonight!!! or tomorrow. Or next week.

No comments: