Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ignorance is bliss...

Horror. The root word for horrible as terror is the root word for terrible. My experience today. Described as below.

"Clarence Choong!" I heard Mr. Karu, our Form Six Moderator call out my best friend's name. I was wondering if I was next.

"Ng Cheon Yuen!" Mr Karu called. My hopes sank. I was still hoping my name would be called, looking eagerly at Mr. Karu, looking anxiously at my friends.

The fact is, Mr Karu is calling out names from a list. A list of those who applied for a transfer from the science stream to the arts stream. Those who supposedly got their application approved. I was still hoping to be on the list, just as everybody else was.

"Goh Cheng Fai" called Mr. Karu. My heart made a little leap, as I walked over to the other side, with a wide grin over my face, and the butterflies gone from my stomach. I hear a couple more names being called. People are jumping up and down, overjoyed to be part of those on the list. we kinda looked like people who just got our SPM results, and who got really good results, commented our moderator.

Oh! now I hope that my name was not called, for those who have been called have had their applications rejected ( or as Clarence puts it: not rejected, merely not accepted only). And so the hopes of those who were planning to go to the arts stream, the exciting chatter amongst those who were called, all came to an end when we found out that Mr. Karu read off the wrong list. The horrible realisation. Oh, ignorance is bliss!!

Now I can only appeal, and hope that it will not be rejected this time round.

On the brighter side, drama practice was good today. Everything else does not matter.

2 comments:

wadefish said...

don't commmit suicide yet. do it after d appeal. oh yea, do it after d appeal. btw, how would you like to die?

"Zach" said...

Reply to clarence-sama a.k.a. pawnstar

I won't commit suicide... such a coward's death...

I want to be decapacitated by a lightsaber... after dispatching like, hundreds of droidekas and sith...