Wednesday, June 28, 2006

a blessing in disguise?

as I am writing this blog, my hands are not touching the keyboard, mouse, or any part of the computer. This is because I have discovered a new exciting technology called speech recognition. I am writing this blog or should I say saying this blog, using only a microphone which I am talking into.

of course there are a few weaknesses in this new technology because it is still new. for example, it does not recognise my speech as well as it should, resulting in the need for me to type in certain words myself. However, it does allow me to command my computer to do certain things like close Microsoft Windows. Heck, it will even shut down the computer if I asked it nicely.

On another note, the performance went really well during speech day( I think) coz the cast and the psalmists ( I mean vocalists) did a good job after all that practice...


Another thing. I was in town today and I needed to call my mum. However I could not find a single working telephone booth even after walking around town for about 15 minutes. What a disappointment. Don't you think they should provide us with better service? don't you think that vandals should be put in jail? Well I do...


Well, I think I'll just have to live and let live...

No comments: