Monday, February 18, 2008

Field Day

Maybank has got to be the worst bank. Ever. I mean, today is the second time I have been there to try to open a current account, but my application was rejected because I WAS A STUDENT!!! WTF!! I mean, do they know what they are talking about?! I got so mad I almost threw something at the idiot teller.

The whole thing began like this. I went to Maybank Ipoh Garden last week to try to open a current account. I was interested because this was an interest bearing current account, which means I can write cheques, use the ATM and do online banking all at once. The problem was, you can't just walk in and open an account, but have to submit an online application 4 days in advance! That was the first hurdle.

Then, when I went back there today to open the account, the teller told me my damned application was rejected, apparently because I was "only a student", but that was not what irks me most. What made me mad was the _ucking patronizing way she said it, like "you're only a student", "this is a serious account", "not for playing around", "what does a student want a cheque-book for?" To throw at your face, apparently!! I mean, I must make more money than this bitch. Seriously.

Anyway, if I didn't need to use Maybank2u I would have learnt my lesson and took my business somewhere else.. But I do need the account, no matter how painful it will be getting it.

No comments: