Friday, December 12, 2008

Post MyLDS Reflection.

As easy as it may seem, it is actually quite hard to put in writing all the wonderful insights that I have gained in MyLDS (Malaysia Leadership Development Seminar). I will share them to anyone who asks because it is more personal that way.

Besides that, I would just like to add that MyLDS was not your typical leadership training camp. You are not trained only to be a leader, but a positive change agent to impact the society around you. This is one of my aspirations now as an @er.

Just would like to share some of the things that have impacted me during MyLDS that have changed my life forever:

In chronological order:

1. Being voted for as Awesomers most outstanding eXchanger
2. Discovering my vision
3. Winning the best Square Dance for LCUSM
4. Losing the elections for LCP in my mock-LC
5. RACE
6. Being nominated as an outstanding delegate
7. Filling out the application form for Mock MCP elections
8. Making a difference in my mock-LC during LC simulation and MyAIESEC.net simulation
9. Being nominated as Top-20 in the Mock MCP elections with Evelyn and Jason
10.The interview for Top-10
11.Thanking the people who have inspired me this whole time (almost brought me to tears)
12.Having Evelyn and Jason stand along with me as top-10 of Mock MCP elections
13.The speech and Q&A sessions
14.Discovering that we are all winners in that aspect, because we know what we wanted and grabbed the opportunity to make a difference
15.Reading the sugar cubes that were written on the bus ride back

There are many more such moments and it would take a long time to list them all down, but these are the ones most significant to me. Just wanted to say to all who read this, I am an ordinary student who has big dreams. I went all out to achieve the goals that I have laid down for myself. Have you?

1 comment:

KingChai said...

Hey Zach, great reflection post :)

Just want to say that it was a great pleasure knowing you. Really hope to see you soon!