Friday, December 29, 2006

BSGC Elim Combined Youth Camp 2006 in Pangkor Island

It has been one and a half years since my last youth camp, and although I still had a lot of uncompleted work ( Christmas was just over, and December has been the most hectic month with sleepless nights coz of Holiday Club, Family Camp and Christmas outreach), I still signed up for the Youth Camp. Why? Because this is probably the LAST TIME I will be able to do something like this in a very long time.

Anyway, despite all the unfinished and un-taken-cared-for business that needed to be done, I went to Pangkor, in hopes of gaining some rest for the last few days of my precious holidays. Boy I was so wrong.

While the camp was not as tiring as previous camps have been to me, it provided no rest for me. It was like running a marathon, and activities piled on activities, piled on activities, piled on more activities. While I would have loved such a camp as this any other day, December is just a tough month for me. While some people commented that I looked very emo during the camp, and people keep asking me if I am enjoying the camp, I always give a weak nod, grunting something like :"yeah, It's ok, you know"

Anyway, I'll stop ranting for a moment and comment on the camp speaker, Mr. Steven Low. Knowing him when he was still in Ipoh, and having him in RBS teaching prayer, and still I never fail to learn something from him... He was one of the people concerned if I was enjoying myself or not.

So, I'll end here for now. I'll post when I get the pics. A pic is worth a thousand words.....

No comments: